Tuesday, June 16, 2015
How I became a christian
I came from a Buddhist background when I was little. My family is a long line of Chinese Buddhist. My grandparents are from China while my grandmothers are origin from Indonesia. I got Leukemia when I was 5 years old. Leukemia is a white blood cancers. I'm in stage 2 cancer. What I swallow in my mouth through Oesophagus (food pipe or lung pipe) isn't saliva but the damage blood. So one of the way the bad blood passes cycle in my body is through my lungs. I was very young and still in Kindergarten. My parent wasn't very rich but nevertheless they work very hard to find doctors to cure their first child. They take me to Holland, German and other Europe places (don't remember clearly where) to find medical doctors to support me and help me. But the fee too expensive to go through full treatment.
Somewhere or someone told them to go to Singapore and recommend a hospital in Singapore, so my parent decided to flew there. I don't remember the detail that much but what I do remember that Singaporean doctor agreed to give me treatment and tried to make me better. And i guess it is cheaper than in Europe countries. From that on, my parent rent a place in Singapore and my dad will go back and forth from Indonesia to Singapore to visit me and also earn money to pay my hospital bill. My mom would stay in the hospital a lot to accompany me mainly because i'm sick, fragile and scared with injections, hospital and other things.
The test results was always negative. It is really difficult to stabilize my blood condition to normal because I think i have too much red blood and less white blood. Sometimes it is hard to draw blood from my veins in my hand and the nurses will keep trying and looking for veins that can draw the blood. I always hated doing injection and other treatment including chemotherapy. Though I'm small and can't describe the pain of doing the treatment, I remember it was painful that i cried a lot and most of the time i will lie in the bed and feel no energy to walk, stand up or talk. My dad will stay outside whenever i got injection because he doesn't like seeing it and my mom just cry. They pray but not to Christ Jesus and Father in Heaven because we are still Buddhist so they pray to their Buddhist believe gods.
No matter how much the doctors and nurses tried to help me and countless of treatments, my results are negative and I'm dying. But then one day after my desperation cryness from my mom, the neighbor in our place asked my mom if she want to go to church. My mom agrees because she doesn't know what to do anymore and hope that it can bring something to my damage condition.
After she go back from church, my mom has this feeling that God and Lord Jesus can save me. So my mom keep praying to God and begging to heal my condition and save me from death. The night before my last treatment my mom was crying and praying to God earnestly. When she goes to sleep she has a dream and inside that dream there was my mom sitting in the doctor room. The doctor give her the result of my last treatment and as expected it was full negative. The doctor said he has done his best and couldn't do anything anymore and there is no longer hope and what we can do is to see my dying slowly. My mom broke into tears and the doctor just left her to give alone time. After the doctor left, Jesus came (according to what my mom) and take the result paper and exchange it into a new one. When my mom see the new white sheet of paper all of my bad results and other negative things that affected my body are completely heal! Like there is no single traces of any damage cells or virus!
Jesus said to my mom "Your daughter is going to be healed and save, do not worry she will be fine". After Jesus spoke that, it was morning and my mom wake up in surprise. She had this peace, assurance and joy feeling that today will be different and I will be healed. She told the dream to my dad and because my dad wasn't a christian back then he though my mom is either crazy or didn't have good sleep last night and just tell my mom to go to hospital quickly.
When we arrive at the hospital... my parent were anxious about the result but my mom have hope from that dream. The doctor finally came in and... he was surprise when he told my parent... he said never in his life someone who is in critical stage of cancer suddenly the result in just one day improves. Although it was not an instant or dramatic changes but the result showing good signs of my blood condition getting normal and the most amazing thing the doctor thought for sure there is no hope left and give up but God intervene when people surrender.
To make sure the result is correct or to check is my body really getting better, he ask my parent to do another checkup and come back next week. Then next week when we came back, the result showing a positive sign of recovery and it was better than last week. The doctor keep doing checkup and tests for next week and the week after. And truly, the result just keep getting better and better no matter what. The doctor was very surprised and when my mom told me about her dream and how she met Jesus. The doctor was even more surprised and he said "God will heal your daughter from what I see and your daughter must be special".
Well from that day on, I don't remember much except that I just go to hospital for blood checkup and injection and my body started to function properly. When i reach the age at 8 year old, I was completely healed as I remember my final and last checkup. I'm 21 now and I never went back to hospital for any routine checkup or what not. My parent baptized in the Jordan River after i'm completely heal. Thus my sister and I became involved in a Christian family upbringing and my brother too in the future. But the blessing doesn't just stop there, my mom's side of family started to accept God and became Christians too all because my mom encounter with God and God heal me.
From there onwards, my journey as a Christian begin and whenever I look back at this moment I never forgot how much God love me so much and without conditions and how my parents and family love me and I'm grateful to be alive and completely well :) and can enjoy the life He given to me as a daughter of God, the Light and Salt to the World.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment