Monday, August 3, 2015

God is faithful to His children

One of God promises to us that He always protect us from danger, harms and accident that can lead to death. So that we can be part of His eternal life plan and mission. What I experience 2 weeks ago, teach me two things: 1.

2 weeks ago, on the day I arrive to Melbourne, after I put my luggage in the house my sister and I directly go straight to church. Now in Indo, I never care going to church after from a long trip because tiring and exhausted but in Melbourne I feel I need to see my friends and hangout with them to church to fresh me up. I took a quite nice long nap when I came back from church. After i woke up, I take shower and then start taking out my electrical mattress. My dad pack this electrical mattress for me so that during winter I can plug in and feel warm when sleeping on the mattress. The thing is I forgot to connect the mattress cable to the generator/transformers(some kind of connecters from the bed and to the wall socket). I was already told not to directly plug to the socket wall but to the generator first and my dad show me how.

But because at that time I was still tired and do it quickly since I have to pack my other things, I went directly plug the cable mattress to the wall. Thus, it make a sparking fire sounds and the next thing I knew the machine of the bed is broken. I turn on the other sides and doesn't work. I became panic and tried other places to plug in and switch on but still doesn't work. My fear and worried of getting scold by my dad because of my stupid mistake make me unable to calm down and have peace.

In fact at night, I couldn't sleep at all until 2 am because I was feeling really sad and cry about the mattress. I keep thinking it's my fault because I was being so careless and my dad will be really mad. I have told the situation to my two friends. One of them was my church close friend Grace who sometimes we have discipleship together. She told me to tell to my mom and if my dad did find out know that God is with you to help you and give strength to overcome the situation. God is always beside me to comfort me and know the plans for me for this kind of situation.

So I decide to explain the whole story to my mom... and my mom told me try to ask the uncle next door to help me get fixed. So the next day I ask the uncle and explain to him, he said he have a friend who is an electrician and can fix electrical things. Uncle give his friend a call and make an appointment to check my mattress at the afternoon and so I left the bed in his house.

I went to school for afternoon class and  I came back early because it was the first week of class which have no tutorial session. When I arrive home, my neighbor knock on my door and he explain to me about the bed. So my uncle's friend when check at the mattress said that this mattress is very dangerous because it was not from Melbourne but from overseas (Japan to be precise). Australia and Overseas power voltage are different and in this case Australia have very high voltage power which a lot of accidents occurs for people who buy overseas mattress and use it for sleeping and that accidents mostly lead to being electrical shock and then death. As my neighbor explain why the bed not good and don;t use it at all.. I realize something. God is protecting me. He knows that these cases can happen to me if i manage to plug in the electrical mattress and He foresaw it already. Therefore, I think He purposely made me do it on the day I arrive and because HE knows I am a careless person He use this weakness of mine to protect me from death situation. So even though I was ranting, angry and sad at myself and blame for myself but the truth is God is protecting me and all this are part of His eternal plan for me.

So I was encourage that God can use our silly mistake, circumstances and weakness or anything that look foolish in other's people eye to protect us(the children of God) from danger or harms. God can change the bad circumstances into a blessing, encouragement and living prove we are the children of God and He love us dearly. For my weakness is God strength. What look foolish in the world or weak God can use it to make it strong and wise and show the prideful people they are wrong of judging God's creation. For God knows the plans for me that is to prosper me not to harm me, to give me hope and bright future (AMEN).

So I encourage you all that your silly mistake and whatever you decision you make either you're careless, rush or don't think twice... God can turn that bad experience into something good and part of His eternal plan to protect you and guide you from any harm.

God is faithful in every little things and unforeseen circumstances and bad situations. He is there always working to keep you safe and encouraging you to move on.

1 comment:

  1. Praise God! In fact, this reminds me of Leviticus - the bits and pieces I told you I've been reading. At first, all the rules they had may seem very boring to read, but in fact, God was protecting His people all along! For example, things like tying tassles to the four corners of your cloak may not make much sense, but it reminded the people not to prostitute when they planned to take off their cloak. And the four corners of the cloak made it so that they can't NOT see one of the four tassles. Praise God for being faithful throughout the old days, today the same! :)

    ReplyDelete