Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Let your heart be pure in serving God an He bless the outcome



This story happen last friday. There was an expression night in my church and it's my lifegroup (cell group or connect group) turn to do some activity related to this month topic which is "God Equipped". The title is challenging because most of my lifegroups experience in personal struggles such as judgement, identity, being compared and that so it will be nicer if we do "God Love" or
"God forgive". Sadly it was done by the previous people....

So before the Friday show thing, I pray to God for 6 days that let my lifegroups and I serve God humbly, transparent, serve as who we are not showing how awesome we can be and mostly for God purpose. As I prayed, I start brain storming ideas but it was hard since i'm not familiar with this topic.

Which make me asked God "How do you want me to do it? How can I show you equipped us by being who we are and how you made us" and  I remembering back what we have learn throughout the past months to brainstorm ideas. Then suddenly, God give me vague idea for Friday night.

It goes like this: Each people who came at Friday night write their own perceived strengths and weaknesses then find one people to describe their strengths and weakness. Afterwards discuss with small amount of people (like 2 or 3). Though I know people are not comfortable speaking or sharing in lifegroups that's why I expect them to find someone who are really familiar with.

I post that idea in the Facebook Page event and my lifegroup friends love the idea :) :)! It make me so happy because usually other people's idea are always considered the best.

But then there is not draft plan how to approach the night and only bunch of random game ideas. So I pray to God to help us and by Monday night my lifegroup leader upload the draft plan. I look at it and it's a good one but still not specific enough how to practice the plan. I was expecting people to contribute ideas for skit, role plays and other options. But no one did. This disappoint me and worries me since it's already Wednesday. So I search a skit online about God's equipped, hey someone have to do something or the Friday night will be ruined and unorganized. It was tough search because there are a lot of skit posted in internet but none matches what we try to convey in Friday until finally i found this one short story in a form of role-play and boy! was i excited and my mind started to edit and make lines for similar situations.

After that I upload the skit online I just waited for the rest of people to contribute editing for the plan. So days passed and it's finally Friday. I asked in Facebook if we should meet early at church and do practice. Few people answers and other just read. Some of the people cannot come because of other plan they had.

So I came at church 5:00 which is early than the meeting time. Slowly my lifegroup friends started coming and we finally decide the roles in the skit and event tonight. I initially didn't want to act but my lifegroup leader encourage me to take small part so I do it. It was a funny rehearsal and my lifegroup are good with acting and doing puns. I laugh every time they tried to do their role.

2 of my ideas are being used since no other ideas are elaborate into detail. I was happy and feel because of my ideas I contribute the whole lifegroup night event.

Finally it's the time we execute the night, I wasn't expecting the skit will go first because I thought it is the activity first. I feel the skit is cheesy and too simple but it turn out people enjoyed it so much and they laugh at our acting such as Grace tried to ride a bike and fall and me tried to roller blade and almost fall to thorn bushes. People are enjoying and laughing that it took me by surprise of how short and simple skit can make people enjoy it. I thought it was too cheesy and not enough but God make it more than enough and make people enjoy it.

People also understand the message of the skit: You don't have to be so great and powerful or famous for God to use. Just be your simple and ordinary self and God will equipped you to help people in everyday life. God qualified the called.

Also the rest enjoy the strength and weakness activity and related to your passion.  Well I just hope they had a wonderful meaningful discussions about it. Although when I ask them, most said they enjoy the game and very good skit. That make me wonderfully happy and awesome. This taught me that if I expect less and just want to serve God purely without hidden motive, He perform the situations and plan it more amazingly and more satisfying than we expected to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment