A lot has been happening this September month. During this month, i've been though a lot of challenges and given many blessings. Well this September month is where most of my assignment due for 2nd semester. Oh my, how time flies and it's already week 9 and 3 more weeks its the end of semester and soon it's SWOT vac week and exam and 3 month holiday.
The first challenge was finding a part time job. I apply every stores new my area and none of them contact me. Until week 6, the manager of a bookstore called Dymocks request me to have interview. So I did and have a chat with her the next day. At first she was asking if i do it for pocket money or money but I said, in truth, I only want for experience in dealing with business. It's true that even though I graduate a master degree from Melbourne it doesn't mean I will get a job so easily without an experience or skills. It is a bluff that people said "you can get job if you graduate from a recognizable school". In reality, it doesn;t work that way. Even if you are rich and have good education, skills and experience is valuable assets to get a good position.
So when the manager heard that she said that's good because if it's for experience then it will be a different thing. The manager told me to come whenever I am free for training and introduce the line of work. For a week I came 2 times and the first thing she taught me is to do receiving invoicing when a delivery box of books came. It was confusing at first especially to distinguish a discount book or when the delivery order no doesn't match up in computers. However, through practice I learn how to do it. Then on 2nd, my real work begin. On that one day I do another receiving invoice and this time when i print the label I paste it in the book and began to shelf it. It was not easy to shelf a book because I have to know which category and sort it by authors name.
On the second day of 2nd week, I start doing in customer service. I admit I am very nervous talking to customers because afraid of getting mistakes and scold and most of the time my manager taught me how while I am practice doing it. Such as scan the book and pay the book, make a gift card, add points to customers or add customer to a booklover club. There is a lot going on for one day customer service. However that doesn't stop me from learning and try to speak to customers from my observation. And most of the staff are a lot of experience than me so I need to catch up.
The 3rd week came, this time I am more confidence in doing back office works and also serving customers even though there are certain aspect of it i am practicing such as finding book the customer wants. But this time I am more confidence. Oh! I also got my first salary! $200 and I felt achieved freedom and can earn my own money. Oh so this is how it felt to earn own money. What a nice feeling. I give 10% of my first fruit to God since God bless me a lot and how i earn this job is of course through my neighbor but then still because God introduce me to them and they introduce it to me I felt God move and convinces the manager to give me a job even for a short hour I don't mind. God is present and knows my future and what I need. He is the reason of my experience of how I enjoy my work and learn fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment